6.10.08

Get Mad Again This Wednesday

Massive gig this Wednesday in the Button Factory with South Rakkas Crew making their Irish debut down at Tetric. SRC's recent EP on Diplo's Mad Decent was a huge crossover hit, with remixes by Fake Blood, DJ Sega and Jokers of The Scene. The fact that SRC predominantly make dancehall is another telling sign of the cross pollination of club music. (Leave it up to Diplo to get things mad) This gig is definitly one for the Hip Hop boys just as much as the electro heads.
I first heard of the Rakkas Crew when I picked up Switch's Lilly Allen LDN 12" mix and found their delightful 'Crack Whore Riddim' on the flip. I still play out the 'Crack Whore' mix regularly but have since added Mad Again to my repertoire. Emynd's mix still adds maximum float to my boat with it's old school piano chords and cheeky break before the final chorus.
I have been tasked with the warm up and haven't been as excited about a gig in a long time. SRC will bring something fresh to Dublin, get down on Wednesday to catch a piece and you can declare to prefer their earlier stuff next summer when your mates all catch on.


We have two passes to giveaway too, just drop me an email with your name and I will do my best. Winners will be picked at random by throwing of a virtual bouquet.
onechewlove@gmail.com

No comments: