25.9.08

Crookers in Dublin -we gots tickets!

When ever I post a track by Italy's Crookers hits from the Hype Machine jump about 300% , that is not however the reason behind this post. No I have a much more worthy reason then that, in that the boys are finally making their long overdue debut visit to Ireland next week.
Friday the 3rd October in Spy to be exact. What needs to be said about Crookers on any blog in this day and age? Very little I would imagine. Check out 's Pelski's HUGE post on them for a good insight and a brief guide to *shudder* 'fidget' house. (I actually swore I would never use that term).
They have defiinitly had some great releases no doubt and as KevmaXXX can testify they put on a fantastic live show so I reckon this has potential to be gig of the year in this vein.

In answer to my own question, what can be said that hasn't been said before? How about a little mention of how they never get any props from Herve, Switch and Co. despite recieving them a plenty from the Mad Decent cats and just about everyone else. You would think they would all get on as one big 'fidgety family' (I know - but I like aliteration). Could there be some bad blood between them? Maybe some scandal we don't know about involving stealing of samples or something crazy...who knows? But I have always found it a bit weird.

LISTEN:
Pelski covered just about all their tracks so here is a great podcast they did for Mad Decent.

Crookers - Big Money Comin’
Bart B More - Bingo Players (Diplo Remix)
Mia - Xr2 (Boy 8-Bit Edit)
Boy 8-Bit - The Suspense Is Killing Me (Drop The Lime Mix)
Crookers - Il Buono
Duke Dumont - Hoy
Cobra Krames - Whatever She Said
Busta Rhymes - I Got Bass
Benga - 26 Bassline
Rusko - Hammertime
Dj Q - You Wot (Wide Boys Mix)
Outhere Brothers - Enjoy (Crookers Work In Progress Mix)
Alphabeat - Boyfriend (Bloody Beetroots Mix)
Madera Limpia - Loco (Daniel Haaksman Mix)

Download from zshare right here!

The nice folk at Spy have kindly offered 2 tickets for this great gig, to be in with a shot at winning one, mail me here with an inspiring quote.
x

No comments: