27.11.09

Sigur Rós feat. Björk - Gobbledigook live - this will make you happy or you have no soul

Ah Icelanders, how are you so great?! Look at you all up there having a whale of a time and being amazing at it. It's great to see Sigur Rós happy - I saw them live in Melbourne 2 years ago and they had clearly been co-erced into a live questions and answers with the audience after the show and it was like watching kittens being tortured. Amazing icelandic singing kittens who should never have to do anything they don't want to do. The awesome video below is from a concert called Naturra - which was on in 2008 to highlight the destruction of Iceland's landscape. Hey! it turns out I can read youtube blurb! It also turns out National Geographic have a world music website which I am pretty sure I am going to say I'm going to check out and then never will. Here's the link so you can do the same: http://worldmusic.nationalgeographic.com./



Get some Sigur Rós into you if you haven't already: http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/ I was going to upload an mp3 of Gobbledigook but you should just go buy the album because it's that good. I mean, it's called með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust - how can it not be?

No comments: