10.6.09

Everything's better with Zombies!

"Mr. Bennet went about his morning business of dagger sharpening and musket polishing - for attacks by the unmentionables had grown alarmingly frequent in recent weeks. "

I admit: I've never read Pride and Prejudice - no surprises there. But I did watch about 10 minutes of the film with Colin Firth (yuck) once by accident so I know what's going on. Also, I've seen Clueless. It's a classic tale of class divide, love, pride and eh... prejudice, right? Imagine how much better that would be with zombies? Yes, I ask that about many things and I know ( now ) in real life zombies would probably be a bad thing. But here is concrete example of their appeal: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - a world-renowned piece of boring ol' literature made accessible and interesting by the addition of HORDES OF THE UNDEAD.

I haven't read it yet - it's on its way - but I really hope a zombie falls in love. They're people too you know.

You can buy the book on amazon here.

P.S The day after posting this I was kindly informed by a much more learned friend of mine, Matt, that the movie Clueless is in fact based on Jane Austen's novel Emma, not Pride and Prejudice. Boy, is my face red! I shall now attempt to mask my shame by suggesting that perhaps the movie Clueless is another example where the addition of a few rogue zombies might have drastically improved viewing pleasure. Am I right?! I'm right, amn't I? In your face, Matt! Link

2 comments:

Gav said...

Do it: http://www.survivetheoutbreak.com/

Also books are for dweebs and cannot compare with even the most hanging zombie moving picture. Which is this one: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317676/

A.M. said...

I am reading this at the moment. Best zombie book is World War Z - Max Brooks, which is been made into a film i believe. good post.